• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trans question

DurbElites said:
is there anything underneath the inspection plate that would leak trans fluid. i dont have time to look i work two jobs and no spare time.

Auto? Maunal?

Im guessing automatic, due to you saying trans fluid, instead of trans oil. Anyways, it may be the front shaft/TC seal. Pull the tranny to replace it.

sorry its an auto, and it leaks from the inspection plate area-bell housing down on the ehaust, and on the passenger side all over. i changed the side o rings where the lines mount in. changed the trans pan gasket and used gasket sealant. its not leaking as bad but what the hell else can leak from this trans?? and it only seems to leak and smoke when i go up grades but around town i dont notice it at all.

The only thing it can be is the front tranny seal. Its a $4 part but you have to remove the tranny to get to it! I just put one in my 90', but the motor is out for a rebuild so it was easy to get to!

Back