• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj leafs.

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
well i have a 90 xj. and have notices the leafs are inverted.

223000 miles on them.

i went to autozone and they had "add a leaf" type leaf packages. now is that what i want or do i want new leafs all together. also i want to put a 2 -2.5 inch lift on it. which evers easier.

i dont want to spend all that much on it somthing reasonable but quality. not extreamly expense but not really cheap.

You really need new leaves. Even if you do get the AAL, you will take your springs out and realize how far gone they are. Your much better off just buying new springs.

use some leafs from a s-10, dakota, or other "spring under" truck/van to augment and or replace your existing leaf pack. The main leaf is always kept which eliminates the need to remove the shackle bolts which are a major pain. get new u bolts get springs from junlkyard, total cost should be less than $50 and tales about 2-4 hours.

my jeep has the xj main leaf,
the s-10 main leaf with the eyes cut off,
the stock xj 2nd and 3rd leafs
and the smallest s-10 leaf on the bottom instead of the stock xj smallest one (cuz mine wuz cracked)

that is the actual order of the leafs, I have one extra over stock, which lifts slightly, plus the cut main leaf added is more arched and better supports the actual main leaf.

Provides about 2 inches of lift from stock, or about 4 from sagged.

my 2 cents

Back