• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whose going southern route on I40?

motorman

NAXJA Forum User
When are Southern folk leaving? I will be heading down 40 so you pick up Atlanta/huntsville/Memphis crowd pretty quick.

In the past I have gone out to just east of Albuquerque, up to Durango(nice stop), and in to Moab from the South. 2000 miles from Raleigh. Would like to caravan. I am flexible on departure.

We are still working on what route we might take...but are really looking at Memphis to St.:eek:uis then straight out since going to meet up with the guys in Grand Junction on Sun...Looks to be about almost 1700 miles for us to Moab...Leaving sometime early on Fri. Oct 3

I've done it both ways ...

and the I70 route west from St.Louis always was shorter and quicker. Since we live in middle Tennessee we drive to Nashville to St'Louis and catch I70.

Heather, if you folks are leaving Fri. morning, we may be able to meet up in St. Louis. It's about 6 hours from here to there. You guys can lock in behind us and we'll do the nascar draft :D. I know Kevin doesn't mind haulin' a little ass.

None of us are afraid to haul...Would be great to hook up with you all in St. louis...Our leaving time depends on our 3rd driver...If he comes in the night before or early Fri morning...

What time are you all lookin to leave???

St. Louis

Kudzu, have you guys figured out a way to take your red jeep or are you still just taking the Raffle Jeep?

Mark, if your heading up to I70 how would you go?

Looking at the map it is almost equal for me the I70 route or I40.
Sounds like I might pick up more travelers if I head north and do I70.

Yeah Keith it's covered....Danno is taking the Give-Away Xj out . He has a trailer that will haul 2...We are going to run it up to him the weekend before.

Kudzu said:
None of us are afraid to haul...Would be great to hook up with you all in St. louis...Our leaving time depends on our 3rd driver...If he comes in the night before or early Fri morning...

What time are you all lookin to leave???

Driver #3 - I like the sound of that ;) will be heading to AL Thursday afternoon, likely arrive around dark (?) but that all depends on ATL traffic & what time I get going.

Was supposed to be going to a supervisors meeting at the beach 10/1-2, but I was able to bail out on that, so Thurs it is.

Sounds good...We can leave early Fri. morning...Looks like it will be a nice convoy on I70W....

Just 39 more days....

ALL RIGHT>>>>WOODY"S GOIN'

Just got back from a weekend of taking my little girl off to college for the first time. I have two in college now so I can't quit yet and become a nomadic wheeler. Maybe in a couple years. But now that I am an empty nester I can turn my attention to getting ready for Moab.

Good to hear Woody's going.

Woody. when are you leaving from home? Are you driving out to Kudzu's to pick up your task as "3rd driver". Does this also mean that getting your bumper from OneTonXJ is not as much a priority? I am still planning on going to Ohio in September but it might be easier for me to bring it back from Moab on the roof versus getting to Dayton in September.

I am currently driving to Moab by myself. Possibility that could change but plans keep changing so I don't know.

I will work on plans to get myself up to St. Louis on Friday regardless. My camping plans are changing also. Was going to share a site now I don't know.

Does any of the southern group have a big enough site that I could rent a corner for my tent? Similar to Tellico it would be only me in a pup tent. (Jenny wouldn't get to come along....poor puppy?!).

OneTon, do you have any idea when you will be coming through Effingham, IL? If not when/where are you going to meet Kudzu & the rest of the group in St. Louis? I think I would like running with a group instead of by myself all the way out. Thanks.

We are still working out the details of the when and where to hook up in St. Louis.

The planned time to leave is 5am central time but will be more like 5:30...should take us about 8 hours to get there

motorman
i'm going the i 40 rt leaving richmond va sometime on 9/30 after a 12 hr graveyard shift a stop in chapell hill would be a nice stop and can leave next am let me know
doug Opies [email protected]

Opie

motorman
i'm going the i 40 rt leaving richmond va sometime on 9/30 after a 12 hr graveyard shift a stop in chapell hill would be a nice stop and can leave next am let me know
doug Opies [email protected]

I don't know yet exactly when I am leaving. May not be until Thursday. Only know that I plan on being at Rt 21 Saturday night.

I will hopefully be figuring it in the next few days. Jeep is pretty much done. I might have a hub going in the front so I plan on changing that out and do the fluids thing.

It is getting close.

Back