• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Very interesting kit I found...

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.midwestcontrol.com/239.php

part number KIT-MXMHB-12-1.250-0.120

has..
IncludesQtySphcl Rod End, MXM-12, 3/4-16 RH, 6
Chrome Moly6Sphcl Rod End, MXML-12, 3/4-16 LH 6
Chrome Moly6Sphcl Rod End, MXM-12-10, 3/4-16 RH, 5/8" bore, 4
Chrome Moly4Sphcl Rod End, MXML-12-10, 3/4-16 LH, 5/8" bore, 4

High Misalignment, HMBSS-12-10,Stainless Steel24Bushing, 24
High Misalignment, HMBSS-12-8, Stainless Steel24 24
Thread Bungs, WTF-12R-0.995 fits 1.250 OD x 0.120 W tubing10 10
Thread Bungs, WTF-12L-0.995 fits 1.250 OD x 0.120 W tubing10 10

All for $380... I could use this for my suspension links, tie-rod and drag link could I not?
After the $120 I would spend on weld on bungs, $90 on currie johnny joints, and $80 on chevy 1-ton TRE's, would this not be a more viable option? I would have plenty of trail spairs and could even make a few custom tie-rods for folks to cover the cost if I really needed to (have cash now.. not to worry)...

Please give me your concerns and burnage.... Having extra's on hand is a big hoo-raa for me.

Last edited:
If I were to buy it i would only use it for steering links. So depending on how you set them up you could make 4 good sets of crossover links. The part that the bung fits into the 1.25 x .120 sch is what scares me. I just is too small for suspension links, personally.

I'm goin with my Johnny's but I am deff using their bungs and hiems for my steering links, just going to buy 2 extra of everything for spairs, still end up cheaper than the TRE set up

Quality seems good, found the site through a guy I knew up at WCU that uses them for his steering links on a 97 TJ with D60's. They do have teflon and nylon, he's used both and they last him anywhere from 8 months to 2 years. I'm deffinetly getting 2 spares, and even after that its comes up 60 bucks cheaper than TRE's. Main expense is weld in bungs and the joints, TRE bungs are 13.50, these are 6 for bungs and 13 for the joints. Not to mention this company lets me use my own shipping account and just pay $5 fro handleing per order.

Just got 4 hiems, telfon races, 3 weld in bungs and 8 missalighnment inserts for $64

Back