• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny mount question

clunk

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got around to having a look at why my exhaust has been rattling around on the tranny crossmember, seems I sheared off one of the exhaust studs on the tranny mount that holds the header pipe/cat together. The other ones are holding tight, but it's allowing that part of the exhaust to sag a little, causing the annoying rattle of header pipe on tranny crossmember.
Now, my question. The remainder of the exhaust stud is either rusted into place on the tranny mount, or not designed to be removed. I banged away at it for a while, used some heat and then got out a bigger hammer, all to no avail.
My question is are these studs designed to be removable (if so I'll keep working away at it), or are they tack welded onto the tranny mount? I can't tell since theres some rust.
thanks

I have mine out right now, all in one peace. The tranny mount/exhaust holder seems to be 1 piece on my 99 XJ, sounds like the same for you. I hope this helps.

Back