• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake master cylinder out

schmiedel

NAXJA Forum User
The master cylinder is starting to fail (pedal just goes too deep sometimes and when I pump it works fine for a while).

I saw a rebuild kit for 25USD at Autozone. Should I go cheap with such a rebuild kit or get the whole master cylinder?

schmiedel said:
The master cylinder is starting to fail (pedal just goes too deep sometimes and when I pump it works fine for a while).

I saw a rebuild kit for 25USD at Autozone. Should I go cheap with such a rebuild kit or get the whole master cylinder?

Im having this same problem. In my opinion it would be a good time to do the Grand Cherokee dual diaphram swap:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=924285&highlight=brake+swap

I am pretty sure thats what im going to do. Would be a good option for you i think.

Don't do a rebuild kit, just buy one from auto parts.. then you know it has been tested.. In 30 years i have only had 1 bad out of box.. I did have some fail in about a year, warranty

Back