• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about a vacuum line

ftwxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 00xj and was in a wreck and my stock bumper was mutilated...
what is the plastic globe on the passenger side for? and do I need to replace it?

The plastic globe is a vacum resevoir. For your ac/heat/defrost selection to work right you will need it as well as for your cruise control.

On my "resucued" Jeep, I removed it from the front bumper area and it now "lays" on the passenger side of the engine compartment. I have to replace my vacum lines more due to heat, but they are short runs and easy to get to now.

Good Luck.

Sig220 said:
The plastic globe is a vacum resevoir. For your ac/heat/defrost selection to work right you will need it as well as for your cruise control.

On my "resucued" Jeep, I removed it from the front bumper area and it now "lays" on the passenger side of the engine compartment. I have to replace my vacum lines more due to heat, but they are short runs and easy to get to now.

Good Luck.

as everyone above has said, it's the vacuum resorvoir. pretty easy to relocate into the engine compartment and I have no idea why the factory location was in the bumper, it's always seemed weird to me. maybe to isolate it from heat damage?

I did manage to find a replacement. but there are two lines running out of it
one goes to the vacuum but where does the other side pulg into?

Back