• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non working A/C

cop car

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 a 00 and 01 Jeep Cherokees and the A/C dosent work in any of them. I was told that all of them have problems with leaking down the refrigerant. Is this true? And if so how do I fix the problem. Thank you.

the ac system is a closed system. if you're leaking out refrigerant, it is because there is a leak somewhere in the system. It could be a hose thats leaking, it could be an o-ring, could be the compressor, or countless other places. most ac charge kits that you can get at auto parts stores usually have a "leak sealer". you could try charging one or all of the systems and hope the leak gets sealed, however you should have the system vacummed and also replace the expansion valve.

vacuum it. get green uv dye 134. check for leaks around all lines and the compressor, drier, condenser, and for the evaporator look for a small drain tube agsinst the fire wall under the hood belowthe the ac lines that lead in to the vehicle. not a very complicated system on the cherokees, easiest access to all components except the evaporator. i just did the evap and compressor on a 98.

blackclassic said:
vacuum it. get green uv dye 134. check for leaks around all lines and the compressor, drier, condenser, and for the evaporator look for a small drain tube agsinst the fire wall under the hood belowthe the ac lines that lead in to the vehicle. not a very complicated system on the cherokees, easiest access to all components except the evaporator. i just did the evap and compressor on a 98.

What brand did you use to replace the evaporator-I'm hoping not OEM. What is a reliable brand that won't fail so easily.

Back