• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm the newest member of the T.A.D. club!

TRSCobra

NAXJA Forum User
My spider gears decided to break into pieces while climbing a steep hill on thursday. What better excuse than to add a locker. :)

Before
IMGP1072.jpg

After
IMGP1082.jpg

There was one problem, however. The differential bearing on the right side just fell off when I tilted it. And I know these are supposed to be pressed on. One of the shims was DESTROYED and the carrier looks as if the inner bearing race had spun, but there werent any heat marks.
IMGP1081.jpg

I wish I had checked the backlash before removing the diff, but I had no dial indicator. I put it all back in (still a very tight fit) and the backlash isn't excessive at all.

Took if for a test drive on a hill similar to the one that killed my spiders; and it just crawled right up... Even when I took the worst line I could. :clap:

Congratulations, But be warned..
Now you will have to do the harder trails or less bypasses for excitement...
It's like a drug addition, but much cleaner...:)
enjoy.

All you had to do, you knucklehead, is to ask Lonnie to rummage through my toolbox. 2nd to bottom drawer, with the magnetic stand thingy too.

Or was the 30 second ride to my house too much?:looser:

John

I guess I should have read the instructions advising me to check the backlash before I got half-way through the job!:gee:

And thanks to Lonnie and John for the "loaner." :wave:

I need one of them

Back