• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trip computer

Seems to work very well, tells you rpm, temps, speeds quite accurately. Works well for reading codes on the xj. Of course its not gonna be as handy as a $1000 snap on codereader but it gets the job done well.

nickPRO said:
does anyone have one of these?

http://www.scangauge.com/products/

If so could you please tell me if it actually works , your opinion about it etc?

thanks

I have been using one for more than 2 years. It has about 30 (I do not remember) displays only 4 could be shown at a time and each have to be different. On the XJ, the fuel pressure do not work. No out put from the PCM. The MPG reading is good but you should depend more on the intank fuel guage. When the variables are properly set, the MPG is reasonably accurate. My fill ups are within 1 gallon of what the Scanguage says it need to bring the tank to full if I do not allow the XJ to sit with the engine running for a long time.
With the 30" tires I am using, I adjust the MPH to reflect the true speed (corrected via GPS). The indash speedo is wrong. Everything else work really good. In addition you have a diagnostic tool. Check engine light is on? Use the scanguage to get the codes.
Simple to install. Plug it onto the ODB2 port and adjust the variables. Enjoy.:cheers:

techno1154 said:
I have been using one for more than 2 years. It has about 30 (I do not remember) displays only 4 could be shown at a time and each have to be different. On the XJ, the fuel pressure do not work. No out put from the PCM. The MPG reading is good but you should depend more on the intank fuel guage. When the variables are properly set, the MPG is reasonably accurate. My fill ups are within 1 gallon of what the Scanguage says it need to bring the tank to full if I do not allow the XJ to sit with the engine running for a long time.
With the 30" tires I am using, I adjust the MPH to reflect the true speed (corrected via GPS). The indash speedo is wrong. Everything else work really good. In addition you have a diagnostic tool. Check engine light is on? Use the scanguage to get the codes.
Simple to install. Plug it onto the ODB2 port and adjust the variables. Enjoy.:cheers:

X2 I would have typed just about the same thing. Thanks for saving me the trouble.

The code reader works well, although I wouldn't buy a Scangauge 2 if all I was wanting was a good code reader.

techno1154 said:
With the 30" tires I am using, I adjust the MPH to reflect the true speed (corrected via GPS). The indash speedo is wrong.

Just out of curiosity how far is it off. I have found that my 2000 is just about dead on running 31" tires.

scoobyxj said:
Just out of curiosity how far is it off. I have found that my 2000 is just about dead on running 31" tires.

My dash speedo is off about 3%. I want to regear and go to 31" tires in the near future. At that time, I will change the speedo gear drive.

Back