• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to texas.

93_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Going to Air Force BMT in 26 days , and after that, Ill be in Witchita Falls for 20 weeks or so. Dont know where Ill be going after tech school, but Ill be in texas for a good amount of time. Planning on buying another XJ (just sold mine). Im from Connecticut so XJ's are plagued with rust up here. Im assuming that isnt much of a problem down there?

What type of terrian down there? Legal wheeling?

This is what I have up in the northeast

l_7b18e5f56fca2543d5258d8eaa56b400.jpg

l_77adb6485b89f87f0ed0f0f04519b7fb.jpg

You won't have much chance to wheel while in Tech school. The Air Force babies their young. When you first get there you will be basically locked down for the first month. After about 2 months you can actually leave base.

Unless you are married, then it's a whole nother ball game, you can even live off base.

I went to Tech school at Keesler in Mississippi. I was a smoker, and picked that base partially because of that. They made a nice set of rules.

See if you can follow this.

Students may smoke.
Students may not smoke in uniform.
Students may not leave the dormitory out of uniform Until 3rd phase (approx 4 weeks to reach 3rd phase).
No smoking is allowed in the dormitory.

:new: Students can only smoke off base nowadays...

You will prolly have a chance to wheel, depending on how long your Tech School is...What is your job gonna be?

Also, not a lot of 4 wheel drive XJs around Wichita Falls...(To quote a salesman at the Jeep dealer "This is Texas. Why do you need 4 wheel drive?)

93_xj said:
right now the contract is open mech hoping to get Tactical Aircraft Crew Cheif or Armament Systems, but I signed the contract in May and I changed my mind on what I want to do. If I can, I want to go TACP. If I cant get it, Ill be more than happy as a crew cheif or load toad. 15 weeks is for the Crew Cheif i believe.

I went in open Mech about 6 years ago, that bonus was calling my name, ended up getting F-16 crew chief. Been stationed all over the world and loving it, just recently had a TDY back to Sheppard, to bring a jet home. Good luck at BMT.

Back