• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stronger? HPD30 OR HPD30 Disco?

muddshutter

NAXJA Forum User
Which is Stronger?

A High Pinion D30

OR

A High Pinion D30 with the front 4wd Disconnect?

I currently have a HPD30 disconnect but i am putting in alloys and welding it with a truss. I can get my hands on a Non disco model and i was not sure which one is stronger?

If you're going to weld the spider gears, get a disconnect axle.

That said, I don't know if the non-disco version is stronger, but you certainly have a lot less to worry about not working, and it's way easier to change the passenger side shaft on a non-disconnect model.

One point would be the difference between the passenger side upper control arm mount: The disconnect axle has solid cast mount while the non-disconnect has a stamped sheet metal mount. I've seen pictures of the sheet metal mounts bending and/or tearing loose from the axle.

Second point is the strength of the axles. I believe the one-peace axle in the non-disconnect is stronger--but you can, and probably should exchange the two-peace for a one peace with the larger u-joints.

Well, I am getting two alloy 30 spline shafts. They are non disco and i am removing the posi-lock. I want to weld all the connections as well as truss it. I was just curious if it will be that much stronger to go with a solid axle housing. Some say that the disco is stronger as it has more solid metal. Other say that it breaks there first? I will run the disco for now, if i break it, i will get a non disco version

OK, English was stronger in your high school learning than his. If you hate mis-spelled words, don't read anything else. I type slow and try to catch mistakes, Some type fast and make a few? Life continues

xjbubba said:
Up yours' dick head!

Take a deep breath. It's just the fawking internet.
We all live in piece here, no need for namecalling.

:twak:

IntrepidXJ said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :laugh2: :laugh2:

ok, now that was funny!
I though so.:D

Back