• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual electric fan belt squeek

Naked Tree 2x4

NAXJA Forum User
since i conversted to dual electric fans my belt has squeeked at start up for a short time. ive made sure the pulleys move freely, idle pulley is on securly, ive adjusted belt tension both up and down and ofcourse used belt spray but no luck. the belt was rerouted to not use the fan pulley anymore(cut it out to fit electric fan) any ideas how to fix this?

If I'm not mistaken wasn't your belt driven fan off of the water pump? Send a pic please. Replace the belt it is probably glazed. Unglazing the belt is a temporary fix.

Jeepm@n said:
If I'm not mistaken wasn't your belt driven fan off of the water pump? Send a pic please. Replace the belt it is probably glazed. Unglazing the belt is a temporary fix.

not on XJs, the fan is off to the side ;)
I agree a new belt is probably needed though

Im thinking that maybe the new routing has caused less degree's of pulley contact with the belt??

Back