• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project T-REX

kamikaze4x4sj

NAXJA Forum User
well, im back, heres a little background, first off, im Matt, i live in south jersey, i use to have a 95 xj 4.5 rc (bad idea) on 33's that i built when i was 16/17, i knew nothing, it was my first truck, glad i got rid of it, since then i had an 85 yota that the frame broke in half almost, and a j10 i built on 35's, i just traded the j10 for a 4door 95 cherokee to build again, right now it has 3" and 31's (that i sold yesterday), on tuesday im goin and picking up 6.5 uppers and lowers for $75, 90% of this build will be self built or bought used, i already got a set of 33 m/t's on rims for free (buddy owed me a favor or 3) i should have pics of it up in a few days

- 6.5" lift
- 8.8 or 44 rear
- custom bumpers built front and rear
- tube doors
- rocker guards
- rear spool
- 4.56 or 4.88 gears
- shafts for dana 30?
- paint eventually
- 33's for now till i save for 35's

if anyone see's the parts i need for sale let me know! i still need 95% of the list lol

thats the list of what it will have (for now)
quick question, is there any writeups on how to make quick disconnects for front swaybar? its good to be back, hopefully i'll see some of you's in the pines or at rc! :cheers: check us out at http://rockhard4x4.freeforums.org/ we started a few weeks ago and anyone is welcome to join!!!!!

WAHOO JERSEY PEOPLE ... where in jersey are you
not sure if u knew about it but hit up NJJEEP.ORG

its a Jersy club formed up not to long ago ... couple of us on there have XJ's
i know one guy is parting i think a 93

i got the same name on there

kamikaze4x4sj said:
anyone know what other tcases will bolt in or bolt in with a new crossmember or some sort of adapter? im looking for soemthing thats a little lower geared

a tcase from a rubi maybe? I dunno if it is a direct bolt up, but they come geared lower (4:1?) and have sye's stock. I am not sure which years :X

They might be a little $$ if you are looking to do a budget.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163576

just a quick search for teralow 4:1

well i was on here on a different name when i had my old one, more of a stupid lurker askin dumb questiosn back then, once i got the yota i wasn't on here, same thing with the fsj, its been about a year and a half maybe?

yeah i seen it, and then i dreamed about it lol, i think im going to whind up getting a d44 out of a junkyard do to my finances, your looks nice man wish i could afford it, anyone know if they make a green hurculiner? also, im still confused on makeing my own quick dissconects, if anyone see's a writeup somewere let me know! thanks, Matt

kamikaze4x4sj said:
also, im still confused on makeing my own quick dissconects, if anyone see's a writeup somewere let me know! thanks, Matt

This thread is good, as it also has links to other ways of doing it ;)

kamikaze4x4sj said:
also, whats the trick to these door bolts? i can only reach one of the 3 torx heads!!!!!! :twak:

They aren't much fun... you need a ratcheting spanner and a Torx bit to get them out. Or vise-gips. Or weld a nut to them. Once they are out, replace them with regular hex-heads so you don't have to go thru the same crap again.

"then we can the the progress" huh? lol i should have pics up by friday, i don't have a camera so i have to borrow my aunts, picked up my control arms yesterday and got my tc drop today!

Back