• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake fluid leak when flexing.

j99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody. I've got a 2 inch budget boost with longer travel rancho shocks and a front swaybar disconnect kit.

This last weekend when I was trying to take a picture of my articulation my friends noticed I was leaking brake fluid because one of the lines was being tugged on.

I immediately drove off the rock and the leak went away.

I was shopping for new extended brake lines and all of them are made for Jeeps with 4" inches of lift or higher.

Should I get extended brake lines anyway even if my Jeep is too "mild" for them just to be on the safe side? Or just new stock hoses?

If it leaked once you must have damaged a line. It may have damaged the flare and may still be leaking; you just can't see it. I'd replace the lines with either new OEM rubber or spend a little extra and get the longer braided lines. And lower the mounting location if you don't get longer hoses.

get a set of lines for a 95 wrangler, there 3" longer than stock and bolt in

Just got back from my local RTI ramp, and fully flexed out, I think my brake lines are just fine.

I found that the brake line bolt was loose and causing my leak. 30 seconds with a wrench and my XJ is happy....for now.

But thank you for your suggestions. I will probably need them in the future when I go beyond my 2" lift.

ROBZ95Xj said:
get a set of lines for a 95 wrangler, there 3" longer than stock and bolt in

Will these work for both front brake lines as wellas the rear brake line? Thanks

Back