• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intro/Checking In

pSYChedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks to IXNAYXJ for forcing me to get off my a$$ and post an intro :twak:

Jay here, moved to the great NW (Tacoma, WA) last Aug but Uncle Sam has me everywhere-but-home most of the time. My favorite toy (and DD) is my '00 XJ that sadly remains stock after 5 years and 95K miles. However, with some deployment cash coming soon, looking to grow.

Here's what I'm considering dropping some of that hard-earned green on:
- RE 6030 w/ OME shocks
- 31x10.5 BFG/AT's on Cragar 15x8 steelies
- RE H&T SYE and CV driveshaft

Nothing major, but enough to make 'er more capable off the pavement while not turning it into a trail rig. Thanks for all the info you guys post as its already provided me a ton of awesome info. While I wouldn't consider myself "mechanically un-inclined", I'm definitely not at the point to do this stuff myself.

See you on the trails before too long (I'm back in Sept!).

Cheers!
Jay

Welcome!

My personal opinion would be to go /w the Tom Woods SYE kit and their driveline. $400 for the kit WITH the driveshaft.

Give me a call if you want, Matt already gave you the # :)

John

Hey Jay, that's the same setup that Sniggs got hooked up with. I fell in love with the ride on that one.

x2 on the Tom Wood stuff.

I smell BLUE!

usaf.jpg

Excellent choice BTW.

Jay,

Welcome! You have Private message about the lift... Good choice!

My son is stationed at Hill AFB in Utah - Recently returned from Osan, Korea.

Lots to learn here. again, Welcome! :cool:
Mark

Thanks guys! No surprise the wealth of info I've already gotten in 12 hours since my first post; which is why you'll see my name in red for the next 2 years. You guys rock. Can't wait to get home, get big(ger), and get wheelin' ;)

Cheers!
-Jay

welcome to the site!! Lots of info to be had here.

Just posted to the rig directory w/ a couple pics.

Cheers,
Jay

Good choice in lift.
Have you also considered the OME lift?

Why get new wheels? The 31's will fit nicely on the stock rims. You might have to make a very small adjustment to turn stops.

Welcome,
Michael

2xtreme said:
Good choice in lift.
Have you also considered the OME lift?

Why get new wheels? The 31's will fit nicely on the stock rims. You might have to make a very small adjustment to turn stops.

Welcome,
Michael

Yeah, it was basically a backspacing concern that had me leaning towards new wheels, aside from the asthetics of black on black :laugh3: . Might be a good way to shave a few $$ off the project, for now, since bump stops will do the trick.

I'll do some checking on the OME kits, thanks.

Last edited:
Back