• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 Xj to 92 overhead console

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a overhead console and wiring harness from a 92 Xj and would like to put it in a 96 XJ. I would like the temp,compass, and the keyless entry to work. My 96 did have keyless entry already. I did manage to pull the wiring harness down to the righ kick panel plugs. I cannot even locate a wiring diagram on this unit either.

Has anyone got a picture of the OHC thats supposed to be in a 93 Country... When i got mine there was nothing but a hole in the headliner and a harness were the console used to be.

So I was googling and this was the first thing that popped up! I am actually doing the exact opposite. I'm taking a '96 overhead and putting it in my '92...I plugged everything up to my friends '96 and it works great. We tried hooking it up to mine and its a smidge different...Temp sensor has a different connector, and the RED connector doesn't have the same amount of prongs and wires going into it as the '96 does.

SO, I was going to screw around with it this weekend probably. I figure I would just re-open this topic to ask if you guys know how to do it,where to start, or have experience doing this and how I should go about checking and testing connectors and what I need to retrofit it properly. It would be ideal if someone has done this exact conversion and can just tell me where I need to change my wiring to get it to work...I'm not a hack, just simple, I don't care about making it look factory, I just really want it to work properly, not look like total ass with spaghetti string everywhere and not burn the jeep to the ground!

Back