• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Driveline Vibe Problem

Backdraft

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone expierence driveline vibes with 4 inches of lift?

I just put a kit on my XJ and expierencing vibes at around 15 to 25mph on acceleration and deceleration. It seems to vibrate more on deceleration. Another thing, Would a T/C drop kit solve these problems? Its a 90 XJ, 4.0, AW4, NP231. TIA

Mike

PS: I just checked the spline engagement on the driveshaft and T/C and measured right at 1 and 5/8 inches if contact. If that makes a difference.

Last edited:
How are you lifted in the rear? Any blocks? One vibe would mean pinion being too high, and the other would mean that it's too low... if you're vibrating on both then your pinion is moving up and down......

Solution: if you got blocks, dumpt them and do either shackle or AAL and deal with the pinion angle then..... if you don't have blacks, you'll have to run arms to stiffen it (forget what that's called.... ladder bar?)

Kejtar

Im lifted in the rear with Rustys 4 inch leaf packs. No blocks or extended shackels. I am, however, waiting on the new shocks to show up at the door so its not sporting a set of shocks. Sorry, i completely forgot to mention this before. Do you think it could be a bit of axle wrap due to the shocks not being on yet? I just took it for a spin around the block a couple times after i got the lift on and the only thing im waiting for are a new set of DT rear shocks.

Mike

I think that the lack of shocks might have something to do with it....
temporarily put on the old shocks and take it for a spin down the block... just dont hit any big potholes at high speeds...

Kejtar

LOL, thats where the problem is. THe old shocks are the stock ones and they arent long enough to reach anymore.

Wonder if i can push the back down to fit them on and give it a try.

Mike

Yup, that and getting a T/C drop kit are my only options for now.

Thanks,

Mike

Well scheisse.

I really didnt want to get a SYE and DS this early, but that might be what im facing huh?

Mike

no...... you need to get shocks first..... then you gotta look and see and drive it :).... things will change, your rear end will settle a bit as well..... don't jump on anything too early :D

Kejtar

Cool, thanks for the optimistic outlook. I belive these springs will settle at LEAST a half inch or so. I just hate it that its friday and my shocks arent getting here until tuesday. Dunno what im gonna do without being able to drive her for that long:( And to think, i was gonna take it to my dads shop and build some sliders for it this weekend. Oh well, theres always another weekend for that:)

Mike

Back