• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Name that noise (with video/audio clip.

ryan2l

NAXJA Forum User
So 2 weeks ago I did rear main seal, oil pan gasket, oil change, and drain and filled trans. I have always told myself that the black burned tranny fluid is what was holding it together which made me hesitant to change it, well about a week after I did all that it started making this noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UgsBohpeOQ

Noise: Makes noise in all gear selector positions except reverse. Using stethoscope noise is loudest at bell housing and can hear at tranny pan and not heard in motor. Drives and shifts fine, fluid level is ok.

Any ideas? converter comping apart? Unsure of the insides of tranny as to what spins what in what gears. Looks like I will be pulling the pan this weekend is hunt for metal.

Lets hope it not like this...

torque.jpg

92DripCherokee said:
sounds like loosened torque converter to flexplate bolts

X2 Mine was making a similar noise and it turned out to only be loose torque converter bolts. I tore the whole thing apart, only to find it was 4 simple bolts. Oh well, got fresh gaskets and a good once over on the entire undercarriage.
Good luck
Cleatus92

Back