• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Places for a CD player.

My XJ has been broken into once, and many things are stolen from my house too often. My question is there any onther place to mount a CD player in a Tuffy CD player security box? Somwere that isnt out of the way. Or other options?

get one where the face comes off.

Add back strapping to the radio, get an alarm, and lock tha doors...and get full coverage insurance. Next time someone breaks in file a report and claim 4,000 dollars worth of stereo equipment and there ya go.

...if your house gets broken into often, you need an alarm bud.

it's not a good idea to keep ignoring it like it won't happen next time. they're doing it because they know you won't do anything to prevent it next time.

a good security measure is a shotgun, a recliner by the door, and a cooler full of beers.

Yea, then you get busted after you shoot somebody while your intoxicated haha. But if you have a locking glove box you can mount up your stereo in there with a little fab. lock it when your done and your good to go.

I LOVE SOUTH CAROLINA! If somone sets foot thru the door of your house (and you feel threatened) you can blow their head off with 44 they can't say shit! It was self defense! Good ole rednecks make tha laws around here! lol

Sure you can through it in a tuffy box, but a tuffy box will kind of make it look like you have something worth stealing and may get your windows broken more often. IIRC, on the older style cherokee, if you take the center console apart and remove the heater "pipe" that goes to the rear, there is enough room to throw a stereo in there. I like the glovebox idea too. Wiring could be a bitch, but so is having your stereo stolen.

NO matter what you do, if someone wants it bad enough, it will be stolen.

Just buy a reasonable but inexpensive stereo with a removable face plate. Remove the face plate and take it with you EVERY TIME you park the vehicle. And don't leave anything else of value in it either ( including college text books).

a buddy of mine had the same problem, i made a system where it slid in and out really easily and used a molex connector for thw wiring then fabbed a dash colored plastic plug for the hole, made it look like he never even had on wen it wasnt in.

in cal, if you shot him kill him, then his ma an pa can sue you.. He steals to help support them..it's not for drugs, just ask his parents, he was a god fearing man that loves every body, went to church, a plus student, blah blah blah... kill the bastards

put a factory tape deck from an 86 in the dash and your stereo under the seat or wherever when they see your deck (esp. if your rig is newer like late 90's) they'll leave it be mine was broken into on sun. and they left it alone
and if i didn't have to put my pants on( it was 3-4 a.m.) hed have a shattered ankle and i would have his i.d. so if ANYTHING happened around here again me and mine would find him and his and shatter something else

sorry i got a little off topic oh well just put a s#itty deck in the dash and a good one somewhere else

Back