• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How was your weekend ?

hards91xj

NAXJA Member #790
There was supposed to be 4 XJ`s and 2 TJ`s but due to difficulties :tear: beyond others control, 2 xj`s and 1 tj made a day of the Naches Trail then the Kaner Flat Trail from the bottom ,had to winch at 1 place over some roots and holes that were to deep to climb then onto Lilly Pond then on to Quartz Mt and Frost Mt Lookouts :cool: :cool: .Left Enumclaw Safeway at 8:45 am and after 100 miles of trails and roads arrived at CleElum Safeway @ 6:30 pm fueled up and headed home:woohoo: No break downs alittle carnage [damn hiding and leaping limbs]... WAS A GOOD ONE

Was supposed to go wheeling and shooting but ended up with a sprained right wrist from some stupid stapler. Went to the shooting range to practice my weak hand shooting/reloading. :D Printed off some photos for a client and read some stories to my daughter.

She's asleep now and I'm nursing my lower back. Much too young to feel this damn old. :)

ECKSJAY said:
ended up with a sprained right wrist from some stupid stapler.

How do you staple things to have sprained your wrist?

XJLaredo said:
How do you staple things to have sprained your wrist?

One of those biiiiig staplers that goes through several sheets at a time. Has the biiiig pad on it for striking with a FIST. Well, I used my palm and didn't realize the sharp pain I felt was the initial damage. A few days of yardwork, wrenching, hauling heavy stuff worsened my condition. I figured my wrist/thumb were just sore until I realized they were getting worse. Oh, and it's not exactly the kind of sprain you are probably thinking of. It's in one ligament section that basically makes it so I can't rotate my hand or close my thumb all the way. Everything else is usable...hence the typing. :)

End result was a nifty splint for 5-7 days. I can't hold my camera now. :( Well, *I* can't...but my tripod can. :D

Went to the Oregon Brewers Festival Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It was pimp, and I got good and drunk all three days.

...MORE work on the house this weekend.
Trip to Home Depot wasted an hour - produced nothing.

Changed the Oil, filter (1773), cleaned the Airraid, and a quick lube.

Spent most of the weekend with my favorite person, My daughter.

Also picked up a spare complete steering linkage from the wrecking yard, Only $22.

Saturday - Work. Pick up dinner. Watch TV with the family

Sunday - Church, Lowes, Harbor Tool and Freight.
As soon as I got home I started re-arranging my garage like a madman jumping from one thing to another. Spent hours trying to sand down the wood for the correct shapes to get my OBA shelf ready for Install.
Finally dropped when my brother showed up.

Tomorrow - 1:30 Drop Josh off at Bible camp.
3:00 Take wife's van in for an oil change.
Then a bunch of errands
When I get home, continue on OBA, garage cleaning, then TC Skid and Rock sliders.

Jason

Sniggs said:
...MORE work on the house this weekend.
Trip to Home Depot wasted an hour - produced nothing.

Changed the Oil, filter (1773), cleaned the Airraid, and a quick lube.

Ah you have gone to the BIG filter (1773), Makes the factory one look puny(1085)

Got some more work done on the rear bumper, unfortunately I won't have it finished before NWF.

Does Friday count as the weekend?

I got my transfer case out and taken apart and fixed again (third time it has been out in the last couple of months). I can now pull the transfer case, strip it entirely, in less than 1.5 hours.

Had a friend from Cali come up to look at Scott's jeep (the white one, 33's, 4.88's, locked, etc). We went up to Reiter for a little bit and had some fun. He bought it and is on his way driving it home. Scott's looking for another jeep I suspect:)

I got some river rock moved around the yard, fixed a few spots in the fense where the dog was getting out and played kickball with the kids.

Most importantly, had a beautiful evening at the beach with the kids, and close friends. Had a picknick, made a log fort, played ball, and relaxed with wonderful conversation.

I love the weekend!!

With any luck, I should have the jeep driveable again then maybe I can get the transfer case skid and gas tank skid back on so I am ready for NWfest. I will not have the front locker in by then.

Michael

GI-John, Slacker87XJ and I went up in the hills for a little light wheeling, shooting and camping. Sunday morning was about 38 degrees, however. Gotta love Washington in late July! :D Despite the weather, we all had a great time! I'll have a write-up and pics tomorrow. Stay tuned....

-----Matt-----

EDIT: Michael; how much did Scott get for his Jeep? I would have loved to get his axles....

saturday

built a computer for my dad, battled with windows for a while,
went to see my 19yo cousin marry some 18yo girl (BS! little kids getting married!(((not that im much older (and not getting married) but i dont look like a freshman in highschool either!))) im not sure whether to blame "young love", jesus, or just pure stupid. im betting a mix of stupid and jesus.

sunday
8 1/2 hours dropping a tranny out of The Hutt's turbovan. fwd's are really time consuming to drop the tranny.

IXNAYXJ said:
Damn! Did he get a full tank of gas, too? :D

Had the smokey motor been fixed at this point?

-----Matt-----

I am not disagreeing that it sounds like a lot of money, but how many cherokee's have you seen for sale with a Super 44 kit, Alloy shafts all around, locked front and rear, nearly new tires, 6" lift, in very clean condition inside and out? They are not easy to find. The parts alone in this truck are probably VERY close to 8K, There is No way someone (not unlike yourself) could build this same truck in the same condition for less money.

Yes, it did come with a nearly full tank of gas:)

Michael

Back