• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bedlining rockers this weekend Q's???

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like I have a whole weekend off to finally use the Herculiner I bought forever ago. Im going to be doing the rockers and the roof. Im looking to wrap around under the rockers, Is it safe to bedline the pinch seam? Photos will be posted shortly of what im doing. Thanks

I will be doing only whats below the tape. Eventually from the molding down will probably be done but I want to keep it as clean looking as possible for now.

And my jeep as it sits now:

Last edited:
And I found this at the end of the drivers side rocker panel? It came on the jeep like that, and it looks like dirt and stuff can get right up in the rocker. What can I do to close this up? Or can I leave it the way it is and just go ahead and Herculine it.

I used the same stuff on my 88 from the molding down. It has held up great. Just make sure you prep the area real well. The rocker panel looks like it has slight damage. The bed linner will cover small gaps, so bang it closed and cover it.

The Rockers look good, Nice work. My rig looks almost the same as yours, I recently Bedlined the Roof using Duplicolor, and I think it turned out pretty good. Post pics of the roof when done.

Will do, I used herculiner rolled on and brushed on in the creases and hard to get areas. Im doing the roof b/c my paint is chipping and rusting (good 'ol jeep paint).

I'm going to have to get around to doing this on mine, too. Just as soon as things stop breaking on it.

Cool, im in between 1st and 2nd coat on my 99 (green) roof as well, did you use any xylene to thin it out on the 2nd coat? i just went to buy some and am not sure if i should mix it or roll the second coat on without. Its lookin a bit think and i want a nice even texture. Rockers look nice! maybe if i have any left over...

The rockers are not sealed. The pinch seam includes three or four bends on one panel which are designed to be drain points.

i called rhino lining and they said to use like acetone and i did 3 coats and rolled all 3 coats and made it thick as possible. id like to do it over again sometime.

I didnt thin it out but after looking at it today it looks like it ran a little and is a little lumpy around the edge. No big deal can barely notice. Im going to go back over it today.

Back