• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash Volt Meter Problem

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
Occasionally my volt meter on my dash will max out. I'll shut off the engine and turn it back on and everything is fine. Any ideas what is causing this? It seems to be happening more often now then before.

The voltmeter in my '99 has been doing almost the same thing, intermittently, but will revert to correct point after idling briefly. I can't even get out to check voltage at the terminals with a meter, as it will revert too quickly. I have considered running wires so I can check, from the driver's seat, when it occurs... I believe it is just the gauge, but hate to think that the alt. might be over-juicing, even if only once in a while.

I'll be adding gauges, including an Auto Meter volt, and that should enable a diagnosis rather quickly...

mine did it too thinking it was the alt i replaced it..
now its in the shop on a no start problem.
i gave up looking for it myself but i had the condensor replace a month ago or so and someone told me its prob one of the connections under the dash they didnt get all the way back together..
well ill let you know when i get an answer form the shop.
my thread 5 posts on page 2 right now
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=926584

Back