• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Problems

Jeremy_Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all! I'm new to this forum so bare with me. I searched around and didn't find anything. I've got a problem with my headlights. Originally after I finished putting the Jeep together I had the passenger side headlight completely assembled and the driver side had the head light in but the yellow marker light and the lower bulb didn't have the covers over them, they were just bare bulbs. At this time, all of my lights worked fine. I put the black plastic cover on and put the light covers in on the drivers side and didn't even touch the passenger's side because it was fine. Now, when I turn on my lights, the passenger's side headlight doesn't turn on until you put the brights on and neither of the blinkers work, the light will just stay on. Is this a fuse issue? I'm really confused!!

BTW, it's a 1990 XJ with the 4L

Jeremy_Cherokee said:
Hey all! I'm new to this forum so bare with me. I searched around and didn't find anything. I've got a problem with my headlights. Originally after I finished putting the Jeep together I had the passenger side headlight completely assembled and the driver side had the head light in but the yellow marker light and the lower bulb didn't have the covers over them, they were just bare bulbs. At this time, all of my lights worked fine. I put the black plastic cover on and put the light covers in on the drivers side and didn't even touch the passenger's side because it was fine. Now, when I turn on my lights, the passenger's side headlight doesn't turn on until you put the brights on and neither of the blinkers work, the light will just stay on. Is this a fuse issue? I'm really confused!!

BTW, it's a 1990 XJ with the 4L
Hey Jeremy glad to see you made it on here. Check the connector that is right by your K&N filter that the front harness plugs into. A lot of times it gets corroded and can cause problems. Also check your grounds. I'll talk to you later man.
-Collin

Back