• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Posi traction.

Yes. This is most often refered to as a limited slip differential.

They help a little. better than open, not as good as locked. But for a weekend trail rig a LS will be better on the street.

Newb here, Been working on an XJ project for sometime now. Question, will putting in a locker or a LS effect my mpg? If so does anyone have one in and can share the difference. I'm not afraid to lose a few but curious how much. Thanks

snojoek2 said:
Newb here, Been working on an XJ project for sometime now. Question, will putting in a locker or a LS effect my mpg? If so does anyone have one in and can share the difference. I'm not afraid to lose a few but curious how much. Thanks

your mpg will suffer when driving in a continuous tight circle, that is until the ls clutch pack fries. But really a lsd will not affect mileage

I had one in mine before the locked 8.8, it went everywhere the locked one does if both rear wheels are in contact with the ground. Onece you have a wheel in the air its the same as being open.

wannajeep said:
I had one in mine before the locked 8.8, it went everywhere the locked one does if both rear wheels are in contact with the ground. Onece you have a wheel in the air its the same as being open.

What if one tire is in like mud? will that one get all the power?

Back