• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Know if an 89 can take a FIPK

you dont need it.:doh:

wheres milkman, hows things? snorkel? stove pipe?

no, it won't. the only "intake kit" that i'm aware of for the 87-90's is the one that rusty's sells. it's an open cone filter and you'd have to build your own heat shielding box setup for it though.

Yeah I was just curious about it. Juan I bought the stove pipe yesterday at Home Depot. Got just enough to make snorkels for me and you. I also got some 99cent black paint so yours will match. As for milkman...he's around. The both of us are ready to go back for sure. I threw a glasspack on the heep today...It's not loud enough though. I might take out the cat. I dont have emissions in my county so I get lucky.

let me know when yall wanna meet up and wheel. i got a buddy witha tj who wants to go out in a few weeks. stock air boxes are way UNDER RATED i dont know if ill ever get rid of it. send me some pics of yer whip. gonna flog right? november, start workin now for some fall fun.

Yea I took and taped the hole on the side of the box where the heat gets drawn from manifold. Doesn't seem to be cooler : (

But here's the Jeep
Picture072.jpg

fipk should NOT be part of common vocabulary......
sorry =\
dont buy into the hype, search for K&N on here, and a lot of people will telll you the limited filtration will leave dirt getting into your engine

when you gonna get some bigger meats? is milk gonna go bigger on his wheels. i want that bumper, who makes it?
x2

xcm said:
fipk should NOT be part of common vocabulary......
sorry =\
dont buy into the hype, search for K&N on here, and a lot of people will telll you the limited filtration will leave dirt getting into your engine

Agreed. Factory intake/filter is adequate enough for even a stroker so why spend the money on a lame mod (unless you need to relocate the filter for dual batts or similar mod). Keep a fresh Wix in the box or move to a dry drop in Filter that actually filters like an Amsoil Ea series or similar if they make them for stock replacement. FWIW, I am happy w/ my Amsoil Ea drop in and it is holding up well to the dust here in the desert.

Back