• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunroof replacment options?

darjevon

NAXJA Forum User
While I understand that there may not be much info on this subject as sunroofs are pretty rare, I am looking for replacement options for the ultrashitty Webasto sunroof that came on my 99XJ. It chatters in wind at highway speed, and It only winds back like 3/4 of the way.

I am wondering about cutting the roof to install a much bigger one... I think that would be damn cool...

Anyway, let me know what you got. I'm gonna head back across the 40 again soon, and I would like to have this fixed before I go. TIA.

remember, the XJ is unibody, so a big hole in your roof will create structural issues.

Personally I've owned vehices with sunroofs and can count on 1 hand the number of times I used them. I'd just seal it up.

1st, I love using my sunroof. 2nd, don't want to seal it as it will look ghetto. 3rd, there already is a big hole in my roof... I just want to make it bigger!

darjevon said:
1st, I love using my sunroof. 2nd, don't want to seal it as it will look ghetto. 3rd, there already is a big hole in my roof... I just want to make it bigger!

bigger = weaker

Back