• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Line Locks

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
First off, I know people think they suck and are useless so read the post first. I am PCSing down to Minot AFB, ND from Eielson AFB, AK. I need to ship my XJ out but the parking brake isn't working and I need to rebuild both drums for it to work. I leave in a week and a half and the parts wont get here for 2.5 weeks that I need for the drums. Shipping a vehicle it is manditory that the parking brake works for safety reasons. Does anybody have experience with line-locks on the XJ or know of a kit that would work on an XJ so I can use my front axle as a parking brake until I can get the parts to rebuild my drums? Thanks.

Tyler-

Yeah thats what I'm saying. It doesn't need a parking break, if the force of whatever the truck hit broke the chains and straps the Cherokee is a missile anyway...But none the less this company requires a fully operational E-Brake. So does anybody know of a line lock that will work on an XJ?

As far as I am aware, pretty much any line lock will work assuming you can do the plumbing correctly. I would try willwood, but I only say that because they are the only brake company that pops into my mind that makes one.

Hell I'm sure that a line lock from a forklift or heavy equipment of some kind would work if you used the right adapters.

Besides, it only needs to function long enough to prove it works to those pen pushers who wrote that rule right? So it doesn't have to be permanent or pretty? Just safe. I'm not entirely certain that line locks are any safer than wooden chocks over an extended period of time...

They probably just need it for their insurance. Bastards.

Back