• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We Need to pick a BOD

Suggestion:

Have a 3rd party, members not interested in running, with some time in, appoint your 1st BOD for a term of 1 year, just to get things rolling.

Rev

I don't think anyone is going to even run against Goodburbon for president. I think he has nearly everyones support for that position already.

I also think Ramsey is the only willing and eligable VP nominee, and Goodburbon has supported (and even nominated him previously) for VP.

If a second is still needed, I second them both for president and VP.

What we are missing is a treasure/recorded/secretary candidate. I think Kendrick might be the right person for it (hell he is already doing the google earth part of that job) but he has does not have the one year paid membership requirement yet, and as far as I know no one else that is qualified (1 year paid membership) has volunteered for the treasurer's spot yet.

Although I aprreciate Rev Den's suggestion, I think we are already nearly done (accept for the final poll(s)), selecting the 3 BODs.

We just need a qualified voluneer for treasurer, or a poll to bend the rules for Kendrik as treasurer until the next election (or who ever is willing to do the job, if Kendrik is not?)

Ecomike said:
I don't think anyone is going to even run against Goodburbon for president. I think he has nearly everyones support for that position already.

I also think Ramsey is the only willing and eligable VP nominee, and Goodburbon has supported (and even nominated him previously) for VP.

If a second is still needed, I second them both for president and VP.

Thirded, if that matters.

Ecomike said:
What we are missing is a treasure/recorded/secretary candidate. I think Kendrick might be the right person for it (hell he is already doing the google earth part of that job) but he has does not have the one year paid membership requirement yet, and as far as I know no one else that is qualified (1 year paid membership) has volunteered for the treasurer's spot yet.

While I'd be happy to do the job (and appreciate the vote of confidence!) you are correct in that I don't meet the requirement. If a vote to bend the rules for me goes through I'd be happy to take on the role, though. That said, I believe that jeepxj94 and File 05 are both eligible and both expressed interest in a BOD position at one point. File 05 appears to have dropped out of sight lately, though, so maybe jeepxj94 is still interested?

Who has to approve the bending of the one year rule? If no one objects I will nominate Kendrik for that Recorder/Treasurer BOD position and the bending of the blasted rules to allow it. This is a sub-chapter not for a NAXJA national office. I think we can make some of our own rules here if we so choose!!!
This all hinges on NO qualified (one year or longer) member wanting the position.

Dirt said:
How much time does it take daily to be on the BOD?

I think your going to have to pry that answer out of a current or past BOD member from an older chapter. Probably depends on the possition, and activity, and # of members in the chapter.

mikeforte said:
Who has to approve the bending of the one year rule? If no one objects I will nominate Kendrik for that Recorder/Treasurer BOD position and the bending of the blasted rules to allow it. This is a sub-chapter not for a NAXJA national office. I think we can make some of our own rules here if we so choose!!!
This all hinges on NO qualified (one year or longer) member wanting the position.

Its not a national rule, its the first rule we created with our first poll. Goodburbon was concerned that if we overturned that first rule we would be setting a president for changing rules right after we made them making the rules we create worthless, or some such nonsense. As I see it there are no permanent rules, unless we make them permanent. But we need to make a rule allowing permanent rules first, LOL!:jester:

Back