• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full exhaust system

nickPRO

NAXJA Forum User
hello! i'm looking into upgrading the exhaust system on my 1996 xj! But my xj has a 1994 4.0 engine in it, will there be a problem in fitting an exhaust system? furthermore i would like you to tell me what is the best exhaust system out there quality-wise and performance-wise! i'm looking to change it completely because my manifold has cracked! :)flamemad: ) thanks..nick

Plenty of threads and just as many opinions around here about what the "best" manifold is going to be. Honestly, a stock one does a pretty fine job if you address the cracking problem; I plan to add a short section of flex exhaust tubing next time I replace my manifold - if you look at the current design, there's no 'give' in the system, so any stresses along the length of the exhaust run can help promote those cracks in the exhaust manifold.

I'm pretty happy with my generic 2.25" catalytic converter and Flowmaster Delta 50 muffler. You shouldn't have any problems because of the 1994/1996 difference.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I have a Flowmaster delta forty 40 and in the process of buying a high flow cat. You'll see small torque/hp gain and sound as well. Other companies are magna flow, gibson, borla there are a ton i've seen a lot of people mix and match rather than going with one complete system.

Personally, I plan to go with the APN header, I will make the pipe from the header to the cat with some 2.5" aluminized pipe I got. I will use the magnaflow cat as it flows better than most others, then my flowmaster muffler with a turndown right after.

Back