• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annoying Buzzer sound when door is open.

take the big square box out of your fuse panel. its the buzzer for the keys and the lights. it doesnt affect anything else.

when your door is open look for the pin the door pushed when it closed unscrew it and there should be 2 wires one for your dome lite and one for the buzzer just unplug the one wire and tape it up and push it back in the hole then thread the pin back it

Aha. My ignition switch is haywire so that it doesn't buzz when I open the door UNLESS ignition is off and the lights are still on. It's the perfect setup. I also don't need the key in the ignition to turn it on/start it etc. Suits me fine. :)

But yeah you can just remove the door switches. Mine were all corroded up when I first bought me jeep and didn't even work!

I feel your pain man. I just pulled the buzzer from the fuse box. It's on the drivers side. Can't remember if it's the square one or the round one, just let it buzz and put your finger on each of them. One of them should be vibrating from the sound. Pull it. If the noise continues, replace the one in your hand and yank the other one. Then throw it at someone who annoys you.

GrimmJeeper said:
take the big square box out of your fuse panel. its the buzzer for the keys and the lights. it doesnt affect anything else.

X2. Did this on a friend's truck for the same reason.

pull it, it's black and square.

Is it on the fuse box or right above it??? It's in that general vicinity. Just make it buzz, you'll figure out which one it is!

Back