• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rust damage should I buy

PEAFMAN

NAXJA Forum User
Up for sale is a 92 YJ w/ 150,000 miles and 4.0. owner states floor rusted through on driver side. Going for arond $2000. Should I buy. Auction ending soon is it worth it?

Note Sorry to post on both oem and modified but this is ending soon and need immediate help.

Thank you

unless you want to patch the floor, dont buy it. youll most likley find other things rusted out if the floor is. if you like to patch thuings and re create factory stuff, go ahead, but try and talk the seller down in price. i wouldnt buy a rusted out jeep for 2 grand.

Buy it! YJ's are pretty damned expensive, and that sounds cheap. Just inspect the rust. Nothing a little sheet metal cant fix im guessing.

If you do buy it, sandblast the whole thing if you can. Then repair the rusted out section with a replacement floor, body panel, whatever is rusted.

Back