• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaks all over

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
so today after driving about an hour or so on the freeway and then getting onto back roads my engine started to heat up a little over the 210 mark, and i started to smell something burning but i couldnt pin point it, then i got strange vibrations at around 50 mph that stopped at about 60, then they went away all together, then when i got home i looked under and my jeep was slowly dripping oil, i couldnt pin point from where though, around the pan area it looked like.

also my whole drive line was covered in fluid of some sort, and the t-case crossmember was also covered in fluid probably from the transfer case.

my jeep is totally stock 98 4.0 with a 231 transfer case and a auto trans, and around 148,000

also my oil pressure dropped down pretty low today at idle, around 10 psi, but i know the gauges arent very accurate although this might be part of the issue, the oil level is good.

i searched around and didnt find anything that helped out with this yet.

sorry for the long post.
-alex

FIrst you need to find out what the fluid is, oil, coolant, tranny fluid, power steering fluid, etc.
Steam clean or simple green clean or some other engine cleaner, Check your levels then let it idle for a while and see whats what.

Back