• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift and looking for more

MiCrOz

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have 3" springs in the front and 3" blocks in the back. Just recently the center pin of one of my leaf springs rusted out, and I was thinking about getting this kit from rusty:

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...s&Product_Code=XJ-B3&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

Now with this extra 2" of lift, will I need anything else? I've been told I'd need a longer track bar.

I was also considering going the extra and getting an adjustable coil spacer, so that I can add shackles to my back eventually and get another ~2" of lift.

sye, driveshat,lca's,uca's,trackbar,brake hoses, shocks, etc.

and if you want to go 2" above this you will need steering as well.

and blocks are bad as well as aal's

aal's ride bad, and sag quickly.

blocks contribute to spring wrap, which can cause broken leaf springs and driveshafts falling out.

From what I've read, SYE is kinda iffy and just depends on the xj, no way to really tell until you lift and if there's any vib. I'll be doing a tcase drop also. Shocks and brakelines I'll do with the lift.

As for the U/LCA and trackbar, is it still I'll need to put on as soon as I install the lift or is it stuff I can piece together later

at 5" you will need lca's and trackbar.

uca's are advisable but can wait.

I did pretty much the same thing on my 98, t-case drop and adjustable track bar was all that I "needed". I have enough brake line in the back with the original extension bracket. The front I have enough with relocating the mounts and straightening the lines. I went new control arms because while it rode fine and wheeled fine, you could see that it was sitting closer to the rear of the wheel well than the front. Since I wanted to trim and put bigger tires, it was even more of a bonus to push the axle forward, less trimming at the back of the wheel well. My 3" shocks worked, but will be replaced with the right length because Im sure it isn't helping anything.

I would definately get rid of the blocks and put in a new spring pack while you are under there, hell you might not even need the rear shackle if you were to do that. But if you want to run blocks, its your rig :dunno:

Only a month after payment, and a phone call to your Dad. Hey genius I posted that this morning, a few hours before you finally returned a PM.

BTW you don't contribute monetarily to this club, so don't call it your thread. Wait a second "lift blocks", this thread is all yours.

Last edited:
Ben H said:
Only a month after payment, and a phone call to your Dad. Hey genius I posted that this morning, a few hours before you finally returned a PM.

BTW you don't contribute monetarily to this club, so don't call it your thread. Wait a second "lift blocks", this thread is all yours.

I lawled.

Use your money to buy a proper lift w/ packs and ditch the blocks!

Back