• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joint Advice

firejeep6081

NAXJA Forum User
The ball joints in my '93 xj are worn out for the second time. I put cheaper joints in the last time and I have learned you get what you pay for the hard way. They only lasted for about 4 years. I am wanting to know what are good ball joints to put in, where did you purchase them, how much they cost, and how long have you been running them. This jeep only sees street use, I have a seperate one to off road. I did a quick search but could not find the information I am looking for.

TRW by federal mogul seems to be the only ones that have lasted for me, one set has lasted 9 years!! and driven like I stole it on the trails all the time

mgreen84 said:
TRW by federal mogul seems to be the only ones that have lasted for me, one set has lasted 9 years!! and driven like I stole it on the trails all the time

I'm on my 4th set of TRW in less than 2 years. My buddy is on his 3rd set in less than 10,000 miles. You must have got the only good one they made.

Blue XJ said:
I'm on my 4th set of TRW in less than 2 years. My buddy is on his 3rd set in less than 10,000 miles. You must have got the only good one they made.
Kind of strange seeing that TRW is Original equipment in 82% of domestic produced vehicles....I've never had a problem with them,

TRW-FEDERAL MOGUL-MOOG = all the same company.....Federal Mogul Inc.

mgreen84 said:
Kind of strange seeing that TRW is Original equipment in 82% of domestic produced vehicles....I've never had a problem with them,

TRW-FEDERAL MOGUL-MOOG = all the same company.....Federal Mogul Inc.

It is strange then, my original spicers lasted 120k and in the last 20k I have replaced my trw ones numerous times.

Back