• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CCV Help

monkeyknifefight

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed oil blowing out around the seals of what I think are the ccv valves on the top of the valve cover. I assumed they were cloged. I went to remove the front elbow from the valve cover and it snaped in my hand. does anyone know how to remove this from the valve cover. I have heard 90 degree turn to unlock. I have heard it is just pressed in and pulls straight out. I have even heard that it is part of the valve cover, and you need to replace the whole valve cover to repair the broken elbow. Any suggestions are greatly appriciated.

Mine's an '88 so it's slightly different. However,I pulled the old elbow and grommet out of the front and replaced it with a "normal" grommet and hard elbow. I found them at my local autoparts store (in this case Pep Boys) hanging on the rack. I bought several different ones, went home, figure out which ones worked, and returned the rest. Cost was a few bucks.

Back