• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6 gear planetary for an NP231

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I remember that there was a tcase that had the 6 gear planetary that would fit in the NP231. I'm building up a new case and I have a wide chain for it, I though I might add the 6 planetary setup if I could score one cheap. Personally, I've never seen a 3 gear planetary fail if the tcase had fluid, but what the heck. might as well bulletproof it.

[edit]
OK, I found out it is a planetary from a NP241. So can anybody give me a list of donor vehicles that might have a NP241?

Last edited:
I've heard the NP231c (c=chevy) has the 6 gear planetary. Maybe a junk yard score out of a chevy is the ticket.

If you look at the planet carrier, you can see how it is already ment to be drilled for 6-planetaries.

I think everyoen that was mentioned will work. Other than I'm not so sure about the NP241 as IIRC it's a bit bigger in that area. Well, I know it is, I don't know if the ring/planet/sun setup is the same. Haven't pulled one apart.

Oh yeah... You'll break the front output first.

Back