• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help stock CA's

xj jak

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone got a problem here working on getting the lift in and I CANT GET THE CONTROL ARMS OFF!!!!! pb blaster, air tools, wrenches, sockets, breaker bars.... nothing will work and im getting frusterated i went through 5 sockets yesterday trying with the breakerbarand just kept snapping them in half(and no not all of them were off brand!!..2 snap-on's broke) i need help cand get even one of the eight bolts off its an 88 AZ car.. NO RUST ANYWHERE!!! help please..

do they turn at all?
if turning and not coming out the bolts are likely seized to the sleeve in the bushing.

sawzall worked for me.

are you replacing the controls arms with the lift, or just putting in springs??? if you're not replacing the control arms, then just leave them alone and get a good spring compressor.

i don't disconnect control arms for any lift unless i'm replacing them with new arms.

i had to tighten them first, just try that it worked for me. doesn't take much just a little to break the dirt loose.. do you have a inpact gun?. It was easier when i went down an got one,,..

Try some heat...if you don't have access to oxy/acetyline get a small canister of mapp gas (hotter than propane) heat the nut not the bolt...GOOD LUCK!!

Back