• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ's dead :(

SKIM

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I got in my rig yesterday and turn the key and it does nothing at all nothing. I know my battery is ok, so I reset the computer wate 5 min. it sarts. It workes great all day(around 6 starts all day). This morning it does the same thing turn the key and nothing WTF:smsoap: .But I did notice if I keep the key on the start spot the temp gage goes up:dunno: . HELP please I have to take a college test tomarrow.:flamemad:

I am gana clean the NSS right now to see if it is that. my rig only has 75,000 miles so I wold hope it ant the CPS but maybe well see if it works after a NSS cleaning.

Next time this happens, try holding the key in the start position and wiggle the shifter around in park. Also try starting in neutral-just hold your foot on the brake! My 92 I had would act up once in a while, sometimes pushing forward in park would work, or it would always start in neutral. Do this before you try cleaning the NSS because you'll now for sure that's what it was

I have tryed all the wigglen stuff. I cant get the NSS off the tranny any one have any tips on that. thanks O yea I for got to say that the radio don't work the lights don't work nothing works not even brake lights WTF is going on.

Last edited:
Do some reading here if you do pull that NSS. alot of us have broken it including myself just yesterday! I recommend against prying it behind the nut...it'll break. Plenty of spray lubricant and patiently pulling out and tapping in the shaft gently to get it off.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1645232

I just cleaned mine and hope i still have enough threads to reuse mine.

Sounds like your issue is something else though.

Ok I had the battery neg. off and the key on to reset the computer for like 30 min. when I was putting the bolts on the NSS back on cuz I cant get the damb thing off. so I put the battery cable back on and now it f@cking starts. So what you guys think is going on. starter, battery,nss,cps,computer.

Could be just bad grounds. There's a major one on the oil dipstick and another one on the back of the head, driver's side. There's a few more, but from other things not working, I think you'll find its one of these.

Does anything work when you have the key in the "on" position? Not start...just "on."

And how do you guys break NSS's? Thread the retaining nut on slightly then use a big screwdriver and pry it off of the shaft using the transmission pan for leverage. Where's yours break and such?

The light worked (when I posted befor my friend had the battery off that y they didn't work he for got to tell me A$$ lets say he ant here no more lol, sorry guys.) NO nothing worked when on the on position. and when I turned to start the temp gauge spikes. I have tuned it on and off like 4 times and it is still working fine now I don't know what to say.

Last edited:
Back