• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WANTED.. YOTA PU "Stuff" 84 or 85 front axle mostly.

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
Many of you have ricer parts laying around in the garage, no one to love them anymore.

As many of you know, I've been recruited by the dark side and have gone RICER. Have my 86 Toyota Pickup, Standard Cab, 22R, 4.10's, BUT IFS front. Looking for that popular 84 or 85 front solid axle. 83 and below would work BUT need some gussets and beefing on the tubes.

001.jpg

Looking for about anything else from that Golden Age of Japanese Pickups. A 4Runner or SR5 Electric locker (8") would be sweet too. Just asking the brotherood that's local as I don't wanna pay $$$$ to ship or gas to travel too far.

BTW My entire rest of my family is still driving vehicles built by Jeep. Wife's KJ, and my sister's 2 XJ's. Both of which I get weekly tech calls for. However, I get 24+ MPG on the expressway!!!!

Thanks all...

Last edited:
87manche said:
meh, I get 24 in the MJ.

:)
Really... 24 highway with a 4.0?? Maybe it's just weight but I thought the frontal profile of the XJ/MJ was more the determining factor for gas mileage? A 4.0 getting that kind of mileage too?? Even 94 Wanglers stock don't get that. Do they??

I KNOW REV doesn't get 24

Nope.

But then again.....sometimes you have to draw a line before your manhood is gone.

I get about 17 on the highway with mine, no way is 7 mpg worth driving a Yota. Remember I do not drive my XJ on the hihgway much....for DD duties I have the Excursion.

Sorry.

Rev

Rocketman said:
Really... 24 highway with a 4.0?? Maybe it's just weight but I thought the frontal profile of the XJ/MJ was more the determining factor for gas mileage? A 4.0 getting that kind of mileage too?? Even 94 Wanglers stock don't get that. Do they??

I KNOW REV doesn't get 24
I used 30 gallons of fuel to get from flatnasty back to ashland.

Google says it's 621 miles from salem, MO to AShland OH.
can't rely on the odo cause it's wrong.
mind you, I had a JCR bumper, a welder and all the spares/camping gear and the super swampers in the bed.

all this with a 5sp, 3.73s and 31s.

That camper shell will help the MPG's too.

I routinely get 21 mpg with my MJ. 4.0l, 5-spd, 3.07 gears. the 4.0l is pretty worn out, with 265k on the odometer.

Back