• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oh god wiring!

RyleyF

NAXJA Forum User
It all started after my accessory circuit mysteriously crapped out a few months after installing my stereo. Anytime I try to put a fuse in it, it pops it as soon as I turn the power on.

So when I couldn't track down the short (wires disappeared underneath the dash), I just wired the cig lighter (it was on the acc circuit too, and I need it to power my Ipod dock) and the stereo to the empty battery power slots on the fuse block with a spade connector.

This worked fine and dandy for a long time until the power wire I connected to the cig lighter eventually worked its self loose and shorted, KILLING my stereo, cig lighter, and that battery circuit on the fuse block. No power through the battery or accessory slots at all.

What do I do know, how can I find out where the wires melted or whatever behind the dash? Can I even fix the dead circuits?

Back