• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

after market fog lights

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
If I bought fog light such as the Hella 530 fog's could I just wire them up to my stock fog light switch in my dash? I trimmed up my bumper caps and then knocked off my crappy walamrt fogs so I no longer have fog lights. Also would you recommend the Hella 530 fog lights or driving lights?

Fog lights will allow more peripheral vision but not shine further than the headlights usually, whereas driving lights will have a very narrow beam but shoot further down the road than your headlights. Pick which one you think is better for your driving and where you wheel. The oem fog light swith triggers a relay in your pdc (assuming you have a 2000). if you still have the plugs up in the bumper you could use them with the 530's as they use a 55watt H3 bulb just like the oem lights. Although, the oem wiring is pretty small and running heavier gauge wire would be a big improvement (either heavier gauge from the oem relay or just wire in a 2nd relay thats triggered off the orginal relay trigger.

Back