• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ = XJ Suspension parts interchangeable?

The Adam Blaster

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a '98 XJ, got a friend looking for a light trail rig.
I'm going to be going for a larger than current (3") lift on mine and would like to sell him the old lift for his rig, when he buys it.

If he ends up with a ZJ will the 3" Skyjacker kit swap right to a similar year as my '98 XJ?

some of the parts will, (most of the front is the same) but the rear is completely different.

the ZJ front springs should be a little bigger than the XJ front springs. I believe the front control arms and front trackbar are the same. not sure about the swaybar links... ZJ rear suspension is control arms + coil springs, though. XJs only have leaf springs, no arms of any kind.

Yeah, I don't know if it would be worth swapping the suspension setup. As pointed out the rear pieces won't match. Then the spring rate of the front springs may or may not work out depending upon his engine choice.

Yup and a track bar. A trick is to swap the rear with the front and replace the front to get 3" lift. Straighten out the track bar in the rear, buy new shocks and done.

Back