• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Express 4.5" super flex kit?

The Adam Blaster

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered this kit from PORC and i'll be getting within a couple weeks.
I've currently got a 3" from Skyjacker that will have to come off first.

Any tips/tricks that might be helpful to be aware of prior to installing the new lift?
I know i'll have to get some cutting wheels and sawzall blades to get through many of the bolts that are rusted on at this point...

start spraying all of the tuff nuts and bolts with penetrating lube today and do them once a day until you install. This should help a lot with the removal.
BTW i have this kit and it rocks. Good luck.

Just to be sure, "lube" means "PB Blaster". Not WD40.

I have this kit and you will love it. I have OME shocks, RE's HD track bar and JKS QD's. Two things to consider:

Leave money in your budget for an SYE. You may or may not need one. In my case, I installed a tom woods tail shaft when I put the kit on. That way, I didn't need the TCase drop and I didn't have to worry about vibes.

You will want drop brackets. The control arm angle goes up transfering bumps into the frame. Check out Yucca Man's Website below:

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/myjeep.html

He's got a great writeup on control arms and drop brackets. Otherwise, you'll love the kit.

Last edited:
Well, i ordered my stuff through PORC (performance offroad centre) and also ordered the hack 'n tap quit for the 242 t-case, and a rear cv shaft.
Oh, and i added on some 4 degree shims as well. They were like 15 bucks, and i figure i might as well get them and have them for when i install the kit. That way i won't have to take the leafs right off the axle if i decide i do indeed need a bit more improvement to the angle of the rear shaft. And if i don't end up using them, it was a pretty inexpensive couple of chunks of steel.
As for the control arm drop brackets, i'm pretty sure that is part of the kit...

EDIT: Looking over the components, those drop brackets aren't included. Hmmm.....

EDIT #2: Off RE's website, those brackets are recommended for the 5.5" kits. I'll see how i fare without them for now. I could easily add them in later if i don't like the setup as is.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have the 242 also...

After I lifted the jeep and measured everything out I ended up needing 4deg shims. You should be OK. You just don't want the pinon too high. Like you said, you can always change the shims later. I just wouldn't trim down those U bolts until you've got the right shims in there.

I did as it sounds you are going to do. I ran the kit for a while and then decided to get the DB's.

Aside from the usual (bolt cutting) issues the RE 4.5 SF kit goes on like any other kit.

Back