• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bent WARN skid?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Went wheeling last weekend and took a few direct hits on the WARN skid and now my t-case is touching it causing vibes.

I am wondering if it could be a slight bend in the skid or maybe my trannt mount is worn? Anyone have a pic of their 97-99 tranny mount? I am in the hospital and can't get to mine.

I bet the skid is bent. The Warn skid is not very thick & there is not much structure to it. I have taken mine off a couple of times & had to beat it back into shape. The warn unit is fine untill you put alot of weight onto it.

I just bought a DPG belly skid to replace it. Great price for what you get. Thick, has structure, no self tapping bolts, from unibody rail to unibody rail.

Yeah my issue is I have a 242 and of course its the lowest portion touching the skid. Looks like my spare 231 and new belly plan are a must later on.

I don't guess its hurting my as-is just some vibes in reverse and turning.

ZachMan said:
Yeah my issue is I have a 242 and of course its the lowest portion touching the skid. Looks like my spare 231 and new belly plan are a must later on.

I don't guess its hurting my as-is just some vibes in reverse and turning.

You might be able to crawl underneath & just grab onto the skid at the rear.Just use your body weight & give it a good couple of tuge down. It should bend away from the t-case enough to stop your vibs (they get annoying). Its not very stiff.
I have done this numerous times.

mattyj said:
You might be able to crawl underneath & just grab onto the skid at the rear.Just use your body weight & give it a good couple of tuge down. It should bend away from the t-case enough to stop your vibs (they get annoying). Its not very stiff.
I have done this numerous times.

I thibk you're right, thats kinda sad too, lol.

mjd99xj said:
Hmm. I was just about to buy the warn skid.. Anyone know if the NEW dpg skid will work with a TC drop? It looks like a nice piece.

Give Dirk a call. I think it will work. The bolt holes are elongated and should allow for a t-case drop.

I have been running his t-case skid for 3 years. I have had no issues, no bends. I have slammed down hard on it, jacked the Jeep with it, and dragged it across rocks...

One of the best investments! His gas tank skid is awesome as well!

Yeah got the warn because of my 242 t-case, got a 231 to go in eventually and TNT skid.

Back