• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35" Creepy Crawlers... should i go for it?

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
so i have the gearing and i have the rear axle (4.88's, dana 44 rear with detroit) front is open. im on 33" pro crap m/t's right now. they suck.

i was lookin on the ttora site for tires
came across 5 35" x 12.50 15r creepy crawlers with approxemitely 70% tread for $550. heres a link: http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66293

what do you guys think?

hes in yucca valley. about 6-7 hours south from where i live.

ive been looking for a nice set of rock crawling tires. i do daily drive my rig but not very far at all. i guess these tires are bias ply but i figured id throw a couple thousand bb's in all of them.

again i have the clearance and the gearing and would love to finally have 35's
thanks
-Shomsky

Go for it!

:D

Thats a good deal...... better hurry up and get em before i beat you to it.

They're only about 2 hours from my place:D

J/K.

OK so I decided not to get them for a couple of reasons:

1. I dont have a truck or anything to bring back home 5 35" tires

2. 35" Creepy Crawlers dont seem like the best tire to be puting on a daily driven rig. although the furthest I ever drive it is when i go on runs but other than that only a couple miles to school and back.

3. Brand new 35" MTR's mounted and balanced for $920 sounds like a pretty good deal. (Americas Tire Co.) only problem is that i need to find a spare...

4. Plus the cost of driving down there and back and having "70%"(ya never do really know) tread tires mounted and balanced... it all adds up.

So ive decided to go with the 35" MTR's with 4.88's and a detroit in the rear 44.

What you guys think? sound like a plan?
-Shomsky

Yeah, not a bad plan. You can keep one of your 33's for a spare right now. MT/R makes a great DD/trail tire, good wear, not bad noise.

cal said:
not bad noise.

Are you kidding me? They make as much noise as a swamper once you get them worn down to 50% tread!

AARON

I've killed 4 sets, in 31's, 32's and 35's. My BFG MT's were louder!

Maybe you need to work on more even wear?

I will stick with my BFGs as they do better here than the MTRs and make less noise even with proper rotation :eeks1: Next tire will be a 36 Irok.

AARON

I'll admit that in the wet terrain MT/R's don't necessarily rule - but we don't have a lot of that here.

When I stopped using BFG's, safetly seal probably had to lay someone off. I probably had 40 plugs in my last set of 5 MT's.

*shrug*

To each their own; the point is an MT/R makes a great "all use" tire.

you're gonna love 35's and 4.88s (auto?)

its a great combo, bro's xj is runnin 35 BFG MTs with 4.88s, 4.0/auto and its just about perfect... slightly lower gear/tire than stock

MTRs seem to be quite a bit louder than the MTs. It's more of a loud roar onstead of the MT rumble.

But the sidewall on the MTR can't be beat on a radial. I;ve went through a couple MT sidewalls...

Back