• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90/96 duel booster swap - the final chapter

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
Background info: removed the ABS system on my 1990 XJ, swapped in a duel booster from a 96 XJ. been working on it lil by lil for almost 2 weeks. it's finally done, installed and blead. whew! thank freeking God! i do however have a couple left over issues i need to work out.

1. no brake lights ? i kinda forgot which way the plugs go ? any help ?
100_1033-A.jpg

2. how do i know which way this plug goes ?
100_1035-A.jpg

3. last but not least....i pulled the ABS BATT and the ABS IGN fuses and removed the actual ABS pump. My check ABS light is still on? what did i miss ?

sooooo close now. i really hate electrical issues, hence the stupid questions. any help would be great. thanks in advance.

When I disabled the ABS light on my 1993 ZJ, I also yanked the relay for the ABS pump and one other as well; but for the life or me I can't remember...

Sorry. Other than that, I'd suggest reading a manual and yanking the ABS relays.

:)

On Number 1 that looks like a simple contact switch and it should not matter which way the plug goes on. Try it both ways.....?

As for number 3 on your list, pull the dash bezel, pull the cover on the left side indicator lights and pull the ABS light bulb out. No more issues. Since it apparently works independently of the Brake light, you can safely yank it out.

Did you install a '96 booster intended for ABS, or non-ABS application? And what MC did you use?
Inquiring minds want to know!

disregard the above post please. I AM DONE!!!!!! finally! :D only went for a short drive tonight but the breaks feel awesome. well worth the pain in the :moon: . just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out with suggestions and advice etc... :NAXJA: ROCKS !

oh ya, it was just a blown fuse on the damn break lights. ooops!

Back