• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil springs

zirzow

NAXJA Forum User
What is a good all around coil spring? Right now i am running rough country 4.5 inch coils. They seem to be sagging on one side. I am looking for some coils that have a heavy spring rate. I know RE are good coils but what are their spring rates? I was looking at maybe their 4.5 zj coils. I know there are brands like rustys, rough country, OME, BDS, Rancho. What is a good coil that will not sag? any ideas would be great. And yes i did search.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will keep it in mind.By chance would you know how much lift a set of springs from a new ford superduty would give? I know that they are now running coils front.

I like the RE ZJ coils. I race my XJ and the rate seems perfect. it maybe to stiff for the slow stuff. Im not sure what the rate is.

I'm running RE 4.5" coils since my RC springs did to me what you are experiencing. I have a winch and the spring rate is too soft when the winch and bumper are on there, but beautiful when I pull it off. I picked them up pretty cheap on ebay.

Search term = coil spring rate or sping rate calculator.

zirzow said:
Thank you for the suggestion. I will keep it in mind.By chance would you know how much lift a set of springs from a new ford superduty would give? I know that they are now running coils front.

I dont think you'll want to use superduty's coils. You might as well put bricks in place of the coils. They wont flex, or compress on a vehicle half the weight.
But, I assume they'll give around 3-4"s without spacers.

Back