• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

creaking front end

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Just noticed that I'm getting some creaking when coming out of the driveway and making a left or right turn. I know that the ball joints are worn and it's going in the shop on thursday nite for that, the creaking is kinda new or I just started noticing it. Ideas ?

Ball joints don't really "creak", the track bar does, for sure. The upper joint (to "frame" bracket) or the bracket itself sounds like the front door of a haunted house. Usually just loose at the mount, or need a new bar because the joint is integral.

X 2 on the track bar. Had the same problem in mine. made sure everything was tight and was good to go.

OK, got under there and pryed, twisted, eyeballed it, bounced it in the driveway from underneath. The front sway bar is jumping on the drivers side, I can feel it thump, bad swaybar connector ? Do those things actually go bad ? I've had them break but 'go bad' WTF can go 'bad' on a semi straight piece of steel, geeze. Guess I better go meet jekyll down in allentown tomorrow and pickup those jks's he pulled when he went to 8"...:laugh3: I don't know if thats making the groaning noises though, best I could do by myself in a wet gravel driveway...

Back