• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ rocker buckets into a bench seat MJ

Jeff in VA

<---respect
I got all inspired yesterday and decided to finally replace my ragged out MJ bench seat with a set of XJ buckets (they've been sitting in the parts pile for over a year now:rolleyes: ) The XJ rocker buckets do indeed sit a couple inches higher, but they’re not so bad. I’m only 5’8” and still have plenty of headroom, but if you were taller I don’t think it would be comfortable. I got the rockers because they were in great shape, and black (you know how hard it is to find black interior parts???). If I decide I don’t like ‘em that high, I’m gonna cut and weld/bolt the front bracket to bring the ride height down some, but so far I like them the way they are. I just have to remember to duck my head a bit getting out (already found that out the hard way). Here’s a couple pics….I still need the bracket cover for the driver side, but you can see how the bench brackets bolt to the slider.

Jeff

Driver side:
driverside.jpg

passenger side:
passside.jpg

driver side bracket (missing the cover):
driverbracket.jpg

passenger bracket:
passbracket.jpg

that looks awesome, what year and model of xj did those seats come out of, cuz those are the same ones I have...

Thanks y'all.....it really was a pain in the *** but I'm glad I finally did it. IIRC, they came out of an 87 XJ (all-black interiors were an AMC only thing, so it couldn't have been any later model than 87). I forgot to get the female ends of the seatbelts, but the bench ones I had are working out fine. I secured them with mini bungees. All I have to track down now is that driverside bracket cover....that oughta be fun :)

Jeff

Jeff in VA said:
they came out of an 87 XJ (all-black interiors were an AMC only thing, so it couldn't have been any later model than 87).
Jeff

Well your correct, it is off a AMC, since mine is a 87....But I'm havng a hard time finding out what model I have. I have done thousands of searches and even provided my vin to the dealers

man, I'm gonna have to post report Jeff for putting mod tech in the OEM forum!

seats look good.

insert illegal flipoff smiley here

Back